Our mother loves to steam broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, and other veggies for us. While we eat anything on the table, we did make a fuss about eating brussel sprouts because of the bitter taste.
The response from our mother was, “eat it, it’s good for you.” Then she trained us to eat other bitter fruits and veggies because they were good for us.
If you like to eat veggies, then try this Chicken with Mixed Vegetables dish. For me, I like to pick out the veggies and leave the meat to my siblings.
Stir Fry Chicken with Mixed Vegetables
* 1/2 pound of boneless chicken breasts, sliced
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
* 1 tablespoon of ginger, thinly sliced
* 1/2 pound mixed vegetables (red bell peppers, baby corn, brocoli, Chinese Bok Choi), cut into bite-size pieces
* 2 to 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
* 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
In a wok heat oil on high heat. Add garlic and ginger and saute until golden brown. Add chicken and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes. Add mixed vegetables, oyster sauce and sugar. Stir-fry for 3 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.